Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.
Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Connect with BDB on
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ YouTube RSS Feed
Latest topics
» Looks like a wonderful winter stew - and nice game recipe site
Finally gonna get serious about filling the freezer! Empty2013-01-03, 21:38 by Maddox

» A little Funny to share....
Finally gonna get serious about filling the freezer! Empty2012-10-18, 23:11 by Maddox

» Grassing in the blind!
Finally gonna get serious about filling the freezer! Empty2012-09-30, 20:57 by dbagshaw

» 2012 Bustin' Clays!
Finally gonna get serious about filling the freezer! Empty2012-09-24, 23:09 by Maddox

» What is that? Unexpected Trail Cam Pictures
Finally gonna get serious about filling the freezer! Empty2012-09-19, 22:02 by Maddox

» New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow
Finally gonna get serious about filling the freezer! Empty2012-09-18, 20:20 by dbagshaw

» Beaver removal project!
Finally gonna get serious about filling the freezer! Empty2012-09-15, 10:22 by dbagshaw

» Preseason dreams!
Finally gonna get serious about filling the freezer! Empty2012-09-13, 08:12 by dbagshaw

» Miller Brewery Tour
Finally gonna get serious about filling the freezer! Empty2012-09-13, 08:10 by dbagshaw

» Finally some trout fishing!
Finally gonna get serious about filling the freezer! Empty2012-09-06, 11:18 by Maddox

I forgot my password

Finally gonna get serious about filling the freezer!

2 posters

Go down

Finally gonna get serious about filling the freezer! Empty Finally gonna get serious about filling the freezer!

Post  Maddox 2011-01-15, 01:50

I have been a total slacker this deer season and not been focusing any real effort on stocking up the meat for the year ahead but for these last 2 weeks I am going to see if I can make something happen. Starting tomorrow morning I am going to get out there and chase some down some venison. I will keep everyone updated on my progress and hopefully be sharing some success story(s). I keep telling myself "how hard can it be, hell the deer are moving the back yard each night!". Yeah right, we all know how that goes (except for Plumber, he just goes out sits for a bit and whacks them down with that new bow of his! I am going to have get some lessons next year Very Happy). Stay tuned and cross your fingers, hopefully tomorrow there will be pictures of one hanging!
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

http://www.bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Finally gonna get serious about filling the freezer! Empty Re: Finally gonna get serious about filling the freezer!

Post  Maddox 2011-01-15, 21:52

No meat in the freezer yet but very promising! I headed out this morning got setup before light overlooking a couple crossing trails. Sat until about 8:00 and didn't see anything but the fox. Picked up and moved over to where I have a tree stand setup and actually went farther back in the woods than I have been. After walking about 50 yds I ran into what looked like a deer super highway. I have always heard that I should be setup on "pinch points" however have never seemed to happen upon one before. Now I know what they mean! The woods pinches in to about 30 yds wide and is in the corner of corn field where it is completely hidden. I will definitely be setting up a stand here for next season. In the mean time this is where I am planning to concentrate on hunting. As I walked up late this morning 2 does were feeding my way but never offered up a shot. Either way it was a great morning and I am looking forward to setting up my new chair blind(which I haven't used yet) down there for some hunts over the next couple weeks.
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Finally gonna get serious about filling the freezer! Empty Re: Finally gonna get serious about filling the freezer!

Post  BIG J 2011-01-15, 22:13

Get over in there and in your blind before the sun comes up and i bet you get one...
BIG J
BIG J
Admin

http://bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddox 2011-01-15, 22:33

Yep a couple days this week I am going to give that a whirl. I can be back in the house and working by 8:30 so should be able to pull it off!
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down