Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.
Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Connect with BDB on
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ YouTube RSS Feed
Latest topics
» Looks like a wonderful winter stew - and nice game recipe site
Finally the fishing trip! Empty2013-01-03, 21:38 by Maddox

» A little Funny to share....
Finally the fishing trip! Empty2012-10-18, 23:11 by Maddox

» Grassing in the blind!
Finally the fishing trip! Empty2012-09-30, 20:57 by dbagshaw

» 2012 Bustin' Clays!
Finally the fishing trip! Empty2012-09-24, 23:09 by Maddox

» What is that? Unexpected Trail Cam Pictures
Finally the fishing trip! Empty2012-09-19, 22:02 by Maddox

» New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow
Finally the fishing trip! Empty2012-09-18, 20:20 by dbagshaw

» Beaver removal project!
Finally the fishing trip! Empty2012-09-15, 10:22 by dbagshaw

» Preseason dreams!
Finally the fishing trip! Empty2012-09-13, 08:12 by dbagshaw

» Miller Brewery Tour
Finally the fishing trip! Empty2012-09-13, 08:10 by dbagshaw

» Finally some trout fishing!
Finally the fishing trip! Empty2012-09-06, 11:18 by Maddox

I forgot my password

Finally the fishing trip!

3 posters

Go down

Finally the fishing trip! Empty Finally the fishing trip!

Post  Maddox 2011-01-06, 21:33

This day was like a roller coaster! The morning started out with me calling into Miguel our fishing guide for the trip that day and hearing some great news that he was on his way out for his morning trip and would be ready at 12:30 for us. I was all fired up and started getting ready when about an hour later my phone rang with him saying it was too rough out there and they had to come back early. After a little further discussion he agree we would check in at 12:00 and if the wind had died down we would give it a try. At noon after some small persuasion he agreed to get out us out there and give it a try. I maybe should have thought this through a bit as I was taking my wife and niece on this trip and of course Big J. In any event we headed to the docks and met up with Miguel where I found out we were having some problems with the boat and maybe wouldn't be heading out but they were working on it. As some of you may know I am rather persistent when I have made up my mind to do something so I sat there whacking back some V9's and stuck it out. I have to say Miguel and Luis with Grand Illusion Charters gets my vote for making this happen, after about an hour he looked over with the engine running and gave me the thumbs up! Excited as could be we headed out to through the entrance of the bay where we were greeted with some 10-12ft waves that tossed us around. Turns out I handle the ocean just fine but I can't say the wife made out so good so after losing one big Wahoo we headed back into the bay for some flat water fishing. After about half an hour we had our first fish in the boat, a nice Yellow Jack!

Finally the fishing trip! 168655_555734631902_72104608_31924998_6663408_n

If you ever get to head over to PR I really recommend calling Miguel at Grand Illusion and booking a trip. If I ever get back I certainly will be looking to head out again to the big water chasing Marlin, Wahoo, Mahi and more!

Maddox
Maddox
Admin

http://www.bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Finally the fishing trip! Empty Re: Finally the fishing trip!

Post  ssppnkfld 2011-01-06, 21:54

It's as ugly as you.
ssppnkfld
ssppnkfld

Back to top Go down

Post  BIG J 2011-01-06, 22:00

Well I found out that day that the high seas is not my cup of tea... I held it back for the trip but looks like maddox is going to be the saltwater fisherman... Give me a pontoon boat and a cooler full of beer, I will make a redneck yacht club any day of the week.
BIG J
BIG J
Admin

http://bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddox 2011-01-06, 22:10

I hear that! A pontoon and a case a V9 would be sweet! I think we need to plan a fishing trip for the Salmon run maybe just run up to New York.
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

http://www.bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BIG J 2011-01-06, 22:16

Maddox wrote:I hear that! A pontoon and a case a V9 would be sweet! I think we need to plan a fishing trip for the Salmon run maybe just run up to New York.

I'm sold... BDB Staff meetings are the greatest!
BIG J
BIG J
Admin

http://bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down