Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.
Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Connect with BDB on
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ YouTube RSS Feed
Latest topics
» Looks like a wonderful winter stew - and nice game recipe site
New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow Empty2013-01-03, 21:38 by Maddox

» A little Funny to share....
New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow Empty2012-10-18, 23:11 by Maddox

» Grassing in the blind!
New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow Empty2012-09-30, 20:57 by dbagshaw

» 2012 Bustin' Clays!
New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow Empty2012-09-24, 23:09 by Maddox

» What is that? Unexpected Trail Cam Pictures
New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow Empty2012-09-19, 22:02 by Maddox

» New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow
New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow Empty2012-09-18, 20:20 by dbagshaw

» Beaver removal project!
New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow Empty2012-09-15, 10:22 by dbagshaw

» Preseason dreams!
New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow Empty2012-09-13, 08:12 by dbagshaw

» Miller Brewery Tour
New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow Empty2012-09-13, 08:10 by dbagshaw

» Finally some trout fishing!
New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow Empty2012-09-06, 11:18 by Maddox

I forgot my password

New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow

3 posters

Go down

New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow Empty New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow

Post  BIG J 2012-09-17, 12:05

So this week I ventured out to a local food joint called AJ Bombers and do I have a story for you all. I like to consider myself a foodie but really I just like bacon and beer above everything, who doesn't right? I am a huge fan of the cooking shows on The Food Network as well as The Travel Channel. I found a nifty little website that has a map of all the places they visit so that normal people like us can try the food as well. After watching videos online and reading reviews I knew this was a place I just had to try. Walking in I was greeted by lovely waitstaff and grabbed a seat at the bar. If you are allergic to peanuts this is not a place for you, they are everywhere, not to mention an aerial peanut delivery system that drops peanuts on your table at your request. After securing a bucket of peanuts for myself I found the beer list. Of course they have your normal domestics and imports but I was after something local. A recommendation from the bartender was all I needed. Without further delay let me introduce New Glarus Brewing Co - Spotted Cow. This is supposed to be their most popular brew and was it a good choice. The brewer describes it as a "Naturally Cloudy Farmhouse Ale" that is "Fun, Fruity and Satisfying" well I'm not sure I could tell you all that by drinking it but it was rather satisfying and not really heavy so you could have two or twelve. Here is a picture of the bottle:
New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow 271747_706147124062_57381269_o
SO while I was downing the first bottle I figured I might as well have some grub. After perusing the menu I found Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls. I know doesn't it just sound awesome? Well I knew I better try them for your sake. Strictly business here Very Happy. Here is a picture to help with your morning hunger:
New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow 475866_706151175942_1662840755_o
If that picture didn't start your mouth watering this next one might. Now for the main course. After reading through the menus this seemed like a place for a good burger. They had your normal cheeseburgers and everything burgers but I was after a more exotic breed. Let me introduce you to the Barrie Burger. A quarter pound burger with American cheese, Nueske's bacon, and chunky peanut butter. Before I get to the peanut butter part, let me tell you about Nueske's Bacon. This particular style on the burger was thick cut, apple smoked for 24 hours and every bit of Wisconsin goodness. I already have a couple pounds to bring home for hunting camp. It's simply amazing how much flavor is in the bacon. I did mention before I was a bacon aficionado right? So let's get back to the peanut butter. I will admit that I was a little skeptical about ordering it but the lovely bartender assured me I wouldn't be disappointed. So here is a picture of the burger. Look innocent enough right?
New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow 463579_706151190912_634709926_o
So this burger was awesome! It didn't taste like a peanut butter burger. It added a rich flavor that really enhanced the bacon and burger to a new level. It was just a small spread of peanut butter on the bottom of the burger, apparently if you eat it upside down it tastes totally different. I can attest to that fact, it really does matter where you put the peanut butter. So I don't know about you but after writing this post I am suddenly hungry. Not sure why? Maybe it was the bacon. If you weren't counting that's only 6 times I mentioned bacon, oops that's 7.

Hope you all enjoyed this installment of Brew City Weekly. Until next time, this is Big J signing off, keep your dinner plates full and the ketchup nearby.

BIG J
BIG J
Admin

http://bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow Empty Re: New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow

Post  Maddox 2012-09-17, 20:52

Sign me up for all of this! If I haven't mentioned it lately, you are my idol!
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

http://www.bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow Empty Re: New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow

Post  dbagshaw 2012-09-18, 20:20

GREAT post - really funny! Keep 'em coming - we are all enjoying Milwaukee and Wisconsin through your adventures!

dbagshaw

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum