Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.
Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Connect with BDB on
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ YouTube RSS Feed
Latest topics
» Looks like a wonderful winter stew - and nice game recipe site
It's gonna be a white Christmas Empty2013-01-03, 21:38 by Maddox

» A little Funny to share....
It's gonna be a white Christmas Empty2012-10-18, 23:11 by Maddox

» Grassing in the blind!
It's gonna be a white Christmas Empty2012-09-30, 20:57 by dbagshaw

» 2012 Bustin' Clays!
It's gonna be a white Christmas Empty2012-09-24, 23:09 by Maddox

» What is that? Unexpected Trail Cam Pictures
It's gonna be a white Christmas Empty2012-09-19, 22:02 by Maddox

» New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow
It's gonna be a white Christmas Empty2012-09-18, 20:20 by dbagshaw

» Beaver removal project!
It's gonna be a white Christmas Empty2012-09-15, 10:22 by dbagshaw

» Preseason dreams!
It's gonna be a white Christmas Empty2012-09-13, 08:12 by dbagshaw

» Miller Brewery Tour
It's gonna be a white Christmas Empty2012-09-13, 08:10 by dbagshaw

» Finally some trout fishing!
It's gonna be a white Christmas Empty2012-09-06, 11:18 by Maddox

I forgot my password

It's gonna be a white Christmas

3 posters

Go down

It's gonna be a white Christmas Empty It's gonna be a white Christmas

Post  Maddox 2010-12-14, 22:49

Merry Christmas to me! This morning I was walking in from getting the kids on the bus when I noticed a giant flock of black birds. Now I see these all the time so I didn't think much of it until I noticed these black birds were gigantic. Guess what? Not black birds, Snow's!

It's gonna be a white Christmas 100_0312

I was like a kid in a candy store outside staring in aw as the tornado of Snow Geese began to work it's way lower and lower until they landed right in the corn field behind the house. Of course goose season doesn't come in until next week here so hopefully they will be hanging around. The crazy part about it as they finished feeding in the corn field they just moved over to the pond on the farm (which is where I plan to be hunting next week). As you can see in the picture below it was just a big party at the pond with I am guessing several thousand Snow Geese and 500 or so Canadas. Hell maybe I will get lucky and they will stick around for the special extended season where is there no limits and you can remove your shell restrictors.

Now that is a flock of geese!
It's gonna be a white Christmas 100_0313

Look for the story next week when me and the ScottishRifle get after them.
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

http://www.bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

It's gonna be a white Christmas Empty Re: It's gonna be a white Christmas

Post  jcomer 2010-12-15, 21:52

WOW good luck,i hope your pond isnt frozen over by then.I am gonna try some goose/duck hunting friday on a pond ,its 3/4 froze as of this evening but there were about 50 or so geease on it.All we can do is try.
jcomer
jcomer

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddox 2010-12-15, 22:41

As it would turn out last night I was checking the limits on Snow Geese and noticed the season was actually in, so Big J and I headed out this morning. There is nothing like having at least 3000 geese land 100 yds away from your decoys. Either way it was a hell of site. I have never seen anything like it before. The funniest part was the Canada's were loving the setup and kept decoying in, I am sure we would have killed our limit. Even after we stood up from the blinds the Snow Geese just moved 300 yds to lower part of the pond and then spent the day flying back and forth between the pond and the field. Fortunately with as many geese on the pond as there are I don't think it has any chance of freezing for now Very Happy. Tuesday Canadas come back in and the ScottishRifle and me are headed out to chase them down. Hopefully this will be the time I finally finish off a limit. I will keep you posted.
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

http://www.bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jcomer 2010-12-16, 23:14

cool .good luck.
jcomer
jcomer

Back to top Go down

Post  FRENCHY 2010-12-19, 14:26

Man, that's an awesome sight! Have fun on Tuesday.
FRENCHY
FRENCHY

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down