Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.
Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Connect with BDB on
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ YouTube RSS Feed
Latest topics
» Looks like a wonderful winter stew - and nice game recipe site
Predator hunting? Empty2013-01-03, 21:38 by Maddox

» A little Funny to share....
Predator hunting? Empty2012-10-18, 23:11 by Maddox

» Grassing in the blind!
Predator hunting? Empty2012-09-30, 20:57 by dbagshaw

» 2012 Bustin' Clays!
Predator hunting? Empty2012-09-24, 23:09 by Maddox

» What is that? Unexpected Trail Cam Pictures
Predator hunting? Empty2012-09-19, 22:02 by Maddox

» New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow
Predator hunting? Empty2012-09-18, 20:20 by dbagshaw

» Beaver removal project!
Predator hunting? Empty2012-09-15, 10:22 by dbagshaw

» Preseason dreams!
Predator hunting? Empty2012-09-13, 08:12 by dbagshaw

» Miller Brewery Tour
Predator hunting? Empty2012-09-13, 08:10 by dbagshaw

» Finally some trout fishing!
Predator hunting? Empty2012-09-06, 11:18 by Maddox

I forgot my password

Predator hunting?

3 posters

Go down

Predator hunting? Empty Predator hunting?

Post  Maddox 2011-01-15, 01:38

So I get a phone call the other day from the farmer of the property I have been hunting on this year asking me to handle a nuisance fox that has began eating their geese. Now of course not wanting to sound like a total rookie I said of course I will work on getting this problem taken care of "don't worry". So here I am reaching out to all of you with a plead for help. I have never hunted predators and have no clue what to do so please let the posts come with some helpful hints. I am going to start by purchasing a predator call and hoping that it works close to the same as a duck/goose call so I can make some screaming noise like a dying rabbit. As many of you know I have really enjoyed the calling aspect of waterfowl, that being said I am guessing I will enjoy this as well. Do I need decoy? What about scent? Any good practices for a setup? Anything will help, don't hold back you might just save me from this farmer deciding I am total novice and of no use to them Laughing.

The funny part of this whole thing is that I got the phone call after having this fox at 20yds 3 days prior while hunting geese. I was in the layout blind enjoying the sun hoping to hear that familiar honk when I heard a crunching to my left. As I turned my head I was eye to eye with a gorgeous red fox. Had I known he was being a pain in the a@* I could have easily filled him with some #2 pellets! Oh well actually chasing him will be more fun!
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

http://www.bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Predator hunting? Empty Re: Predator hunting?

Post  ssppnkfld 2011-01-15, 13:57

Attachs antlers to Blaines head and tie him to a tree. Take care of two problems at once. lol
ssppnkfld
ssppnkfld

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddox 2011-01-15, 21:47

I almost didn't need any advice as this morning while setup watching some crossing deer trails the fox stepped. He was only 50 yds but I had to step out around a tree to get a shot and when I did he was gone! Oh well back to needing some advice.
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  plumber1056 2011-01-18, 22:41

Forget those calls, nothing like hunting over a pile of old rotten meat. Put some kind of meat, goose,deer, cow what ever in a bucket seal and with a lid. Let it get good and stinky. Set it out in the field and sit back and have fun.( just th meat not the bucket too )

plumber1056

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddox 2011-01-19, 12:35

That makes sense! I was trying to think of the elegant way to do it but I bet that way works great!
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down