Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.
Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Connect with BDB on
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ YouTube RSS Feed
Latest topics
» Looks like a wonderful winter stew - and nice game recipe site
How do you feel about long range hunting? Empty2013-01-03, 21:38 by Maddox

» A little Funny to share....
How do you feel about long range hunting? Empty2012-10-18, 23:11 by Maddox

» Grassing in the blind!
How do you feel about long range hunting? Empty2012-09-30, 20:57 by dbagshaw

» 2012 Bustin' Clays!
How do you feel about long range hunting? Empty2012-09-24, 23:09 by Maddox

» What is that? Unexpected Trail Cam Pictures
How do you feel about long range hunting? Empty2012-09-19, 22:02 by Maddox

» New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow
How do you feel about long range hunting? Empty2012-09-18, 20:20 by dbagshaw

» Beaver removal project!
How do you feel about long range hunting? Empty2012-09-15, 10:22 by dbagshaw

» Preseason dreams!
How do you feel about long range hunting? Empty2012-09-13, 08:12 by dbagshaw

» Miller Brewery Tour
How do you feel about long range hunting? Empty2012-09-13, 08:10 by dbagshaw

» Finally some trout fishing!
How do you feel about long range hunting? Empty2012-09-06, 11:18 by Maddox

I forgot my password

How do you feel about long range hunting?

3 posters

Go down

How do you feel about long range hunting? Empty How do you feel about long range hunting?

Post  BIG J 2012-03-25, 21:16

I came across this video on youtube and it shows a hunter taking an antelope at just over 1,000 yards. I have some mixed feelings about hunting at such long ranges. In this example you can see in the video that these hunters are what i would consider road hunting. Driving along until you see a keeper and get out and shoot. I know it's illegal here in PA to road hunt. But on the other hand it's quite impressive that he can drop this buck with one shot from that distance.

What are your feelings on long range hunting?

BIG J
BIG J
Admin

http://bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

How do you feel about long range hunting? Empty Re: How do you feel about long range hunting?

Post  SEM8088 2012-03-26, 08:52

I say, If you can do it that well, then go for it where its legal. I just want to know where one can get the adapter to video thru the rifle scope.

Great Shot.

SEM8088

Back to top Go down

How do you feel about long range hunting? Empty Re: How do you feel about long range hunting?

Post  BIG J 2012-03-26, 09:07

SEM8088 wrote:I just want to know where one can get the adapter to video thru the rifle scope.

That is a great question, we have two cameras to film our hunts with now. Would be awesome to figure out the scope shot and get our videos to the next level. The GoPro camera we just got is great for POV shots and is very versatile.
BIG J
BIG J
Admin

http://bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddox 2012-03-26, 23:37

These days we need hunters, so if it is legal and they are keeping it safe I say go for it. I don't think it is my preferred method of hunting but if it brings others to the community of hunting and more support for our open spaces why not. I have even seen the show on Outdoor channel that is all centered around long distance hunting and it is definitely impressive.

Hell maybe if I could shoot that far I would consider it, I have enough trouble at 100yds Laughing
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

http://www.bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down