Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.
Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Connect with BDB on
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ YouTube RSS Feed
Latest topics
» Looks like a wonderful winter stew - and nice game recipe site
2 crazy days of hunting: Day 1 Empty2013-01-03, 21:38 by Maddox

» A little Funny to share....
2 crazy days of hunting: Day 1 Empty2012-10-18, 23:11 by Maddox

» Grassing in the blind!
2 crazy days of hunting: Day 1 Empty2012-09-30, 20:57 by dbagshaw

» 2012 Bustin' Clays!
2 crazy days of hunting: Day 1 Empty2012-09-24, 23:09 by Maddox

» What is that? Unexpected Trail Cam Pictures
2 crazy days of hunting: Day 1 Empty2012-09-19, 22:02 by Maddox

» New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow
2 crazy days of hunting: Day 1 Empty2012-09-18, 20:20 by dbagshaw

» Beaver removal project!
2 crazy days of hunting: Day 1 Empty2012-09-15, 10:22 by dbagshaw

» Preseason dreams!
2 crazy days of hunting: Day 1 Empty2012-09-13, 08:12 by dbagshaw

» Miller Brewery Tour
2 crazy days of hunting: Day 1 Empty2012-09-13, 08:10 by dbagshaw

» Finally some trout fishing!
2 crazy days of hunting: Day 1 Empty2012-09-06, 11:18 by Maddox

I forgot my password

2 crazy days of hunting: Day 1

Go down

2 crazy days of hunting: Day 1 Empty 2 crazy days of hunting: Day 1

Post  Maddox 2011-01-25, 23:32

Friday I took off from work to head for some ducks in Delaware. I was greeted at 3:00am with 3 inches of snow and unplowed roads for my 40 mile drive south to meet up with the boys. Nothing like plowing tracks in a 2 wheel drive S10 Laughing. After an hour and 20 min I arrived just in time to hop in another truck and head for the blind. It was windy and cold for sure and I was very hopeful this was going to be the day. Started off barely at first light with a white object swimming very fast towards our decoys. Funny enough turned out it was a snow goose, must have gotten injured and was confined to the ditch. He remained our confidence decoy for the first hour or so. Right at as shooting time came in 2 mallards came across the trees dropping right for the decoys and only one left. Not a bad start! For about the next 2 hours it was quiet with not seeing many birds but right as I was starting to lose faith the birds started flying. I can't remember seeing ducks start flying at 10:00 anytime in my past but I wasn't complaining now. We ended up with 4 ducks (3 mallards and a black duck). What a great way to start my 2 full days of hunting.

2 crazy days of hunting: Day 1 100_0510

2 crazy days of hunting: Day 1 100_0511
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

http://www.bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down