Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.
Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Connect with BDB on
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ YouTube RSS Feed
Latest topics
» Looks like a wonderful winter stew - and nice game recipe site
I can't wait for Goose season! Empty2013-01-03, 21:38 by Maddox

» A little Funny to share....
I can't wait for Goose season! Empty2012-10-18, 23:11 by Maddox

» Grassing in the blind!
I can't wait for Goose season! Empty2012-09-30, 20:57 by dbagshaw

» 2012 Bustin' Clays!
I can't wait for Goose season! Empty2012-09-24, 23:09 by Maddox

» What is that? Unexpected Trail Cam Pictures
I can't wait for Goose season! Empty2012-09-19, 22:02 by Maddox

» New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow
I can't wait for Goose season! Empty2012-09-18, 20:20 by dbagshaw

» Beaver removal project!
I can't wait for Goose season! Empty2012-09-15, 10:22 by dbagshaw

» Preseason dreams!
I can't wait for Goose season! Empty2012-09-13, 08:12 by dbagshaw

» Miller Brewery Tour
I can't wait for Goose season! Empty2012-09-13, 08:10 by dbagshaw

» Finally some trout fishing!
I can't wait for Goose season! Empty2012-09-06, 11:18 by Maddox

I forgot my password

I can't wait for Goose season!

2 posters

Go down

I can't wait for Goose season! Empty I can't wait for Goose season!

Post  Maddox 2010-10-17, 20:03

Over the last month I have been noticing the migrators starting to move in to South Eastern PA little did I know it was going down like this. Over the last 3 years I have been fortunate to have some long time waterfowlers take me under their wing and start showing me the deal. This year will mark the first year I will not only join them with their hunts in Delaware but will venture off on my own chasing Canadas in the fields. I have marked several corn fields and picked up all the necessary gear (I think :-)). I picked up a layout blind about a month ago and over the summer have secured 3 dozen shell decoys (special thanks to the German Bear and ScottishRifle for buying into my craziness). Check out the below videos from a corn field about .25 miles away from my house. The corn field that sits adjacent to my backyard hasn't been cut yet but I am sure hoping then when it does a few of these geese will head over.

I am thinking soon I will do a goose calling video and let everyone give me some feedback so be on the lookout. I think this year is going to be great!
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

http://www.bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

I can't wait for Goose season! Empty Re: I can't wait for Goose season!

Post  BIG J 2010-10-17, 20:13

Looking good bro! Can't wait to build the meat carving shed in 2 weeks.
BIG J
BIG J
Admin

http://bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddox 2010-10-18, 21:26

Ahh the butchering shed. For those of you I don't talk to regularly this year I am planning to butcher my own deer. I picked up a book this summer, Gut It, Cut It, Cook It, which is absolutely fantastic. This book came with step by step instructions on how to field dress, skin and butcher a deer. The last weekend of the month Big J and I will building a shed which wil incorporate the necessary facility to do my butchering. I will let all of you know how that goes and I am sure there will be plenty of good pics to share. If you have any cool ideas that we should add in (inexpensive ones Laughing) make sure to let me know.
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

http://www.bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down