Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.
Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Connect with BDB on
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ YouTube RSS Feed
Latest topics
» Looks like a wonderful winter stew - and nice game recipe site
I hate moving.....well not this time! Empty2013-01-03, 21:38 by Maddox

» A little Funny to share....
I hate moving.....well not this time! Empty2012-10-18, 23:11 by Maddox

» Grassing in the blind!
I hate moving.....well not this time! Empty2012-09-30, 20:57 by dbagshaw

» 2012 Bustin' Clays!
I hate moving.....well not this time! Empty2012-09-24, 23:09 by Maddox

» What is that? Unexpected Trail Cam Pictures
I hate moving.....well not this time! Empty2012-09-19, 22:02 by Maddox

» New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow
I hate moving.....well not this time! Empty2012-09-18, 20:20 by dbagshaw

» Beaver removal project!
I hate moving.....well not this time! Empty2012-09-15, 10:22 by dbagshaw

» Preseason dreams!
I hate moving.....well not this time! Empty2012-09-13, 08:12 by dbagshaw

» Miller Brewery Tour
I hate moving.....well not this time! Empty2012-09-13, 08:10 by dbagshaw

» Finally some trout fishing!
I hate moving.....well not this time! Empty2012-09-06, 11:18 by Maddox

I forgot my password

I hate moving.....well not this time!

2 posters

Go down

I hate moving.....well not this time! Empty I hate moving.....well not this time!

Post  Maddox 2010-04-20, 22:34

I have been dreading a move we are going to have to make at the end of May. We had been looking for houses for about 3 weeks without coming up with much. The real estate agent was coming up with junk so I was cruising around on craigslist to see what I could find. I know, I know you all are saying what the hell does this have to do with outdoor adventures....well hang on a sec I am getting there. I came across this house for rent calling out "Secluded Rancher", and after seeing the pictures below I couldn’t dial the phone fast enough.

I hate moving.....well not this time! Housef12 I hate moving.....well not this time! Houses11

After speaking with a nice older woman for a few minutes we had an appointment to see the house in 2 days. We pulled up to the house and it was pretty much what I expected, a log cabin style ranch sitting back off the road on a farm. After our introduction and greetings with the extremely nice older couple they began to show us around. All I could think was I sure hope the wife is liking this house as much as I am, sure enough she was in! As we proceeded out to the deck and were chit chatting with the couple they began to tell me about their 35 acre farm and how long they had lived there. This was it, I was finally going to get to ask the question that had been burning inside “so Mary we love the house, the setting is beautiful, do you allow folks to hunt?”. After a round about story she said “we don’t allow the public to hunt but we do have one person we allow on the property. Are you hunter?” she asked. “Yes I am, it is one of my passions”. Now I hadn’t gotten the full answer of what I really wanted to know so I went with the more direct approach “if we were to move in here would you allow me to hunt as well?”. Then the sweetest answer I could have imagined came out of her mouth “absolutely, the deer do so much damage around here we could use the help”.

I can’t F’ing believe it (excuse my French), a nice house on a 35 acre farm backing up to another 350 acre farm with a deer problem at that and I am moving in at the end of May. Some other features to note is a fully loaded bass pond which we can use at anytime and the fields look like they are going to be great goose hunting, more to come on all this after we get moved in and I get some preseason scouting done. Like I said I hate moving but the thought of walking off the ungodly sized deck on the back of the house and heading to a goose blind or deer stand is definitely worth the trouble!
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

http://www.bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

I hate moving.....well not this time! Empty Re: I hate moving.....well not this time!

Post  BS 2010-05-03, 20:17

Well, you dog! It looks sweet........you'll have to fill me in on the details over a few cold ones.

BS

Back to top Go down