Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.
Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Connect with BDB on
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ YouTube RSS Feed
Latest topics
» Looks like a wonderful winter stew - and nice game recipe site
Going back to traditional archery, well kind of... Empty2013-01-03, 21:38 by Maddox

» A little Funny to share....
Going back to traditional archery, well kind of... Empty2012-10-18, 23:11 by Maddox

» Grassing in the blind!
Going back to traditional archery, well kind of... Empty2012-09-30, 20:57 by dbagshaw

» 2012 Bustin' Clays!
Going back to traditional archery, well kind of... Empty2012-09-24, 23:09 by Maddox

» What is that? Unexpected Trail Cam Pictures
Going back to traditional archery, well kind of... Empty2012-09-19, 22:02 by Maddox

» New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow
Going back to traditional archery, well kind of... Empty2012-09-18, 20:20 by dbagshaw

» Beaver removal project!
Going back to traditional archery, well kind of... Empty2012-09-15, 10:22 by dbagshaw

» Preseason dreams!
Going back to traditional archery, well kind of... Empty2012-09-13, 08:12 by dbagshaw

» Miller Brewery Tour
Going back to traditional archery, well kind of... Empty2012-09-13, 08:10 by dbagshaw

» Finally some trout fishing!
Going back to traditional archery, well kind of... Empty2012-09-06, 11:18 by Maddox

I forgot my password

Going back to traditional archery, well kind of...

3 posters

Go down

Going back to traditional archery, well kind of... Empty Going back to traditional archery, well kind of...

Post  BIG J 2012-04-04, 12:10

For awhile now I have been wanting to get back into traditional archery. Years ago i used to shoot a recurve regularly, and pretty decently at that. I used to attend the annual Eastern Traditional Archery Rendezvous(ETAR) in Coudersport, PA near my family camp. If you have never been there or if you have any interest in traditional archery i encourage you to attend ASAP! While in school i let my traditional practice fade away and recently I have been wanting to get back into the sport. Since my last recurve is something i used over 10 years ago, i think it's time for a new one. Having read lots of reviews on different bows I believe I have found the one i want to try out. The Hoyt GameMaster II is a neo-traditional recurve, it blends old and new technology to create what Hoyt claims to be "the ultimate choice for the neo-traditional archer." Click here to see the GameMaster. The bow is pictured on the right of the picture below. Looks awesome, can't wait to find an archery shop to try it out.

Going back to traditional archery, well kind of... Splash_hunting
BIG J
BIG J
Admin

http://bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Going back to traditional archery, well kind of... Empty Re: Going back to traditional archery, well kind of...

Post  dbagshaw 2012-04-04, 12:49

wow! Nice looking bow! I always enjoyed using the recurve for range practice - when you are going sometime, let me know - it would be fun to do some target work (although for sure you and I would need differnt bows!!! :-)

dbagshaw

Back to top Go down

Going back to traditional archery, well kind of... Empty Re: Going back to traditional archery, well kind of...

Post  Maddox 2012-04-04, 23:07

Atta guy! I am in for going to ETAR this year, what's the date? I made a dozen arrows last year too so I am ready to split some wood! LOL
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

http://www.bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BIG J 2012-04-05, 09:20

ETAR is scheduled for July 26-29. They even have a Facebook Page now. Not sure if I will have my bow by then but it's something to shoot for(no pun intended lol).
BIG J
BIG J
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddox 2012-04-05, 16:16

There is plenty of bows to use if you don't have your new one, we should head up. We will need to refill the feeders by then any way I am thinking.
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

http://www.bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BIG J 2012-04-06, 13:09

Maddox wrote:There is plenty of bows to use if you don't have your new one, we should head up. We will need to refill the feeders by then any way I am thinking.

It would be a nice graduation present for myself lol. Need to start practicing ASAP too.
BIG J
BIG J
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down