Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.
Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Connect with BDB on
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ YouTube RSS Feed
Latest topics
» Looks like a wonderful winter stew - and nice game recipe site
Interesting day Empty2013-01-03, 21:38 by Maddox

» A little Funny to share....
Interesting day Empty2012-10-18, 23:11 by Maddox

» Grassing in the blind!
Interesting day Empty2012-09-30, 20:57 by dbagshaw

» 2012 Bustin' Clays!
Interesting day Empty2012-09-24, 23:09 by Maddox

» What is that? Unexpected Trail Cam Pictures
Interesting day Empty2012-09-19, 22:02 by Maddox

» New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow
Interesting day Empty2012-09-18, 20:20 by dbagshaw

» Beaver removal project!
Interesting day Empty2012-09-15, 10:22 by dbagshaw

» Preseason dreams!
Interesting day Empty2012-09-13, 08:12 by dbagshaw

» Miller Brewery Tour
Interesting day Empty2012-09-13, 08:10 by dbagshaw

» Finally some trout fishing!
Interesting day Empty2012-09-06, 11:18 by Maddox

I forgot my password

Interesting day

4 posters

Go down

Interesting day Empty Interesting day

Post  FRENCHY 2010-11-26, 22:21

Well... headed out with the plumber this morning for a bow hunt. The day began with him scaring the shit out of me at my back door as I was bringing my gear out of the house, trying not to disturb the rest of the household. So much for that... I might have screamed like a woman. Good one Rob.
We got to the farm and himmed and hawed about whether or not raingear would be necessary. We decided it wasn't so out we went. In hind site, it might have been a good idea but we didn't get soaked.
Needless to say we didn't see a damn thing... First time ever on this farm!

Afternoon hunt was much more eventful. It started out with us crossing a field and jumping 6 deer. A 7th was lingering and wound up walking almost right up to us in the middle of the field (40 yds)... I was ready to shoot if she came any closer.
Off to our stands we went... Got a text from the plumber that an 8 pointer was headed my way. Wasn't sure at first , but he made his way to me. A good 8 pointer he was and the kicker was that he was half albino. I watched him come in and all but make it within range and then turn and go off onto another property...BUMMER!
A few minutes later, as I was sulking, I discovered a 4 pointer had made his way to me and stuck his nose right in my corn pile. I got turned around in my stand, came to a full draw and proceeded to sling an arrow cleanly over his back.

So glad that tomorrow is opening day of firearm season here in MD!

Good luck to all and shoot straighter than me.

FRENCHY
FRENCHY

Back to top Go down

Interesting day Empty Re: Interesting day

Post  BIG J 2010-11-26, 22:26

Shocked Definitely an interesting day for sure....

Amen to firearms! of course that only matters if your gun is sighted in....

BIG J
BIG J
Admin

http://bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddox 2010-11-28, 11:56

Well don't leave me hanging! The first day of Maryland Firearms and no one has anything to say. Hopefully it is because you are still sleeping off the beer and back straps Very Happy!
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

http://www.bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Interesting day Empty 1st Day of MD Firearm

Post  FRENCHY 2010-11-29, 15:07

Sorry couldn't post sooner... very busy yesterday dropping my deer off at the butcher.

I shot a 1 1/2 yr old buck @ 4:40 Saturday night. The good part was that I got some more meat headed to the freezer, the bad part was that I thought I was shooting a doe. This buck apparently got both sides of his rack broken off at the skull earlier this year. Oh well, like I've heard so many times... You can't eat the horns.

It was a fun hunt, I saw 6 deer in total. The first was a small doe running through the woods behind me, as I was sitting on a field edge. I knew something had to be chasing her. Sure enough a 3 pointer came by. Neither presented a very good shot. Shortly after that I had a doe and a fawn come out into the field about 100 yds to my right. They started to make their way to me but when they got to 70 yards and almost into a shooting lane they winded me and stepped into the woods and went on their way. The buck I shot came from my left in the woods behind me on a very pronounced trail that leads out to a corn pile. He came all the way to the edge of the woods and stuck his nose out into the field and then started to turn and go back. At that point I knew I had to take the shot if I was going to. I raised up the 20 gauge Remington with Leupold scope, that belonged to my my cousin before he was killed in a car accident, and shot him @ a whopping range of 5 yds. He ran into the woods about 60 yds. and crashed into a pile of branches. About 10 minuters later I had a doe, at least I think it was a doe, come almost to the exact some place. Again I raised the Remington and shot, this time the results were not so good though. That's right, a clean miss at 10 yds. To make matters worse the deer only ran off to about 50 yds and then came back to give me another chance to miss and of course... that's what I did. Needless to say I have returned the 20 gauge to my uncle and will be going back to my old faithful 12 gauge Remington with open sights.
Hope everyone had a great holiday and enjoyed lots of cocktails, rest and time with loved ones and friends!
Not planning on getting out again until the weekend, but you never know.
FRENCHY
FRENCHY

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddox 2010-11-30, 13:38

I will say that is quite the exciting day! Congrats on the deer! I am finally going to get to start hunting Friday (like always it seems, this damn job gets in the way of my hunting!).I can only hope for half as much fun as you and hopefully my Saturday/Sunday will be as busy as yours Wink. Big J and I are headed to deer camp Thursday night so we should have plenty of stories to tell either way!
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jcomer 2010-11-30, 19:23

So let me get this straight Frenchy,First your throwing away the bow ,now your giving back the 20 gauge,ever stop to think its not the weapons. Twisted Evil
jcomer
jcomer

Back to top Go down

Post  jcomer 2010-11-30, 19:24

I know thats what we were all thinking but i just had to say it. Twisted Evil
jcomer
jcomer

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddox 2010-12-01, 00:54

Well....... Very Happy I don't have much room to talk with my performance this year. Frenchy - maybe we can swap guns, I am sure that will fix our problem!
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum