Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.
Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Connect with BDB on
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ YouTube RSS Feed
Latest topics
» Looks like a wonderful winter stew - and nice game recipe site
Round 2 goose hunt! Empty2013-01-03, 21:38 by Maddox

» A little Funny to share....
Round 2 goose hunt! Empty2012-10-18, 23:11 by Maddox

» Grassing in the blind!
Round 2 goose hunt! Empty2012-09-30, 20:57 by dbagshaw

» 2012 Bustin' Clays!
Round 2 goose hunt! Empty2012-09-24, 23:09 by Maddox

» What is that? Unexpected Trail Cam Pictures
Round 2 goose hunt! Empty2012-09-19, 22:02 by Maddox

» New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow
Round 2 goose hunt! Empty2012-09-18, 20:20 by dbagshaw

» Beaver removal project!
Round 2 goose hunt! Empty2012-09-15, 10:22 by dbagshaw

» Preseason dreams!
Round 2 goose hunt! Empty2012-09-13, 08:12 by dbagshaw

» Miller Brewery Tour
Round 2 goose hunt! Empty2012-09-13, 08:10 by dbagshaw

» Finally some trout fishing!
Round 2 goose hunt! Empty2012-09-06, 11:18 by Maddox

I forgot my password

Round 2 goose hunt!

2 posters

Go down

Round 2 goose hunt! Empty Round 2 goose hunt!

Post  Maddox 2010-11-25, 14:33

Tomorrow morning I am headed out for round 2 of chasing geese. This is going to be the first time I have hunted the corn field actually connecting to the back yard so I am really fired up. To make things even better I was outside a few moments ago unloading the ridiculous amount of items from the car for dinner and couldn't help but notice the inordinate amount of geese I was hearing. Now standing outside the house is almost just a regular sound to hear the geese flying over here and there. This was different, it didn't stop and like a ton of bricks it hit me.....The geese were finally in the field that I was going to be hunting in the morning. I grabbed the binoculars and headed for the back yard and wouldn't you know it, at least 1000 geese were feeding, literally, 150 yds away from my porch!

It is raining today and calling for some more tomorrow so there was some reservation as to whether I would plow through the mud to get this hunt on but with this recent siting there is no doubt I will be a gigantic mud ball by 6:15am. I hope to have some pics of the experience and will share them tomorrow.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

http://www.bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Round 2 goose hunt! Empty Re: Round 2 goose hunt!

Post  jcomer 2010-11-25, 15:03

Now that sounds like way to many geese for one person to handle i think you might need some help Laughing .Went out this morning with a couple guys ended up with 2,just couldnt get them in.
jcomer
jcomer

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddox 2010-11-25, 15:11

I have a little help this time but we will have to put together a Bucks, Ducks and Brews goose hunt for the last part of the season (it goes out here Saturday until the 17th of December)! The more the merrier in my book! That actually would be a pretty cool idea for us all to get together hunt some geese in the morning with a little grillin' and chillin' session afterwards.
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddox 2010-11-25, 15:19

jcomer - what states do you keep a license in? If PA is one of them you are welcome to join me tomorrow morning. Will probably be done by 10am or so.
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddox 2010-11-26, 15:33

Well it turns out jcomer was right, I needed more guns! I ended up heading out solo this morning(too bad for the other guys!). I managed to carry the layout, 2 dozen decoys and the gun the 150 yds from the porch to get setup. After getting setup it wasn't 10 min before the first pair locked up and came in. As usual I need to learn some patience and let them get in a bit closer but my first shot connected (we don't need to talk about the 2nd or 3rd shots). For the next hour and half birds continued to fly and work over me but not come right in so I only managed to shoot one more however it was pretty much non stop action. Come to find out about 8:45 the farthest 2 decoys had tipped over from the wind and that is probably what caused the birds to flare. I only had until about 9:30 so I packed up with birds doing everything they could to get in that field (guess I should arrange to be out there to closer to 10:30) but there is always next time. In the end I shot 15 times with 2 kills (I probably should be leaving that part out!).

That damn "limit" is still eluding me! I think I better start planning that Bucks, Ducks and Brews hunting trip because I could probably use some shooting lessons from one of you Very Happy.

Round 2 goose hunt! 20101110
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down