Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.
Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Connect with BDB on
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ YouTube RSS Feed
Latest topics
» Looks like a wonderful winter stew - and nice game recipe site
New camera needed Empty2013-01-03, 21:38 by Maddox

» A little Funny to share....
New camera needed Empty2012-10-18, 23:11 by Maddox

» Grassing in the blind!
New camera needed Empty2012-09-30, 20:57 by dbagshaw

» 2012 Bustin' Clays!
New camera needed Empty2012-09-24, 23:09 by Maddox

» What is that? Unexpected Trail Cam Pictures
New camera needed Empty2012-09-19, 22:02 by Maddox

» New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow
New camera needed Empty2012-09-18, 20:20 by dbagshaw

» Beaver removal project!
New camera needed Empty2012-09-15, 10:22 by dbagshaw

» Preseason dreams!
New camera needed Empty2012-09-13, 08:12 by dbagshaw

» Miller Brewery Tour
New camera needed Empty2012-09-13, 08:10 by dbagshaw

» Finally some trout fishing!
New camera needed Empty2012-09-06, 11:18 by Maddox

I forgot my password

New camera needed

2 posters

Go down

Which digital SLR camera should I get?

New camera needed Vote_lcap100%New camera needed Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 3 ]
New camera needed Vote_lcap0%New camera needed Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

New camera needed Empty New camera needed

Post  Maddox 2010-04-03, 22:13

So this seemed like a great idea to start a web site where I can document all my outdoor adventures and post photographs of everything I love to do. Post photographs....That is awfully hard to do with a digital camera with a busted screen. Shortly after Big J and I started this site I decided that I needed to start carrying my point and shoot camera everywhere I went, you never know when that perfect opportunity for a story might show up. I went and pulled the camera from it's usual spot (above the refrigerator) and turned it on so I could check to see if it was still working. Green light popped and everything was looking good. As I went to take a picture of the dining room table (thought it would be a good shot) I realized there was a large crack on the digital screen. A little suprised since this was the camera's hang out spot for the last year or so (great spot!) I began to ask my kids and wife what happened fully knowing I would get the usual answer, "I don't know". Now of course I realize this can't really be true but it is a lot less trouble for me if I stick with the story of "spontaneous combustion of digital screen". The point of the story is that I need a new camera. The camera I have had for the last 6 years was a wedding present and before that I was lucky if I had a disposable laying around so as you can imagine I have no idea what I am doing. I need something that can take picutures at the kids b-day parties and also get the low light pictures that come with our hunts. The ability to take pictures of moving things is a must as well like locked up ducks coming in or two 5 yr olds riding at break neck speeds down a hill on their new bikes while my wife screams at me for being so irresponible to let them do this (the picture of her would be as good as the one of them). I am hoping I can get some help from all of you! I have posted a poll with, from what I can tell is the top 4 Digital SLR cameras under $500 (since I haven't made it big yet we need to watch the budget a little). I think the Digital SLR is what I would want but if you have a different recommendation let me know. Please jump on to the poll and let me know which camera you think I should get and post reply with any pertinent info I should know, if you choose "other" please let me know what you would go with.
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

http://www.bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

New camera needed Empty Re: New camera needed

Post  Doingitdirty1 2010-04-05, 22:43

The Nikon D60 is the best choice because of the quality of pictures that the D60 take is far better then the other cameras you've been looking at. Also, there are additional lenses that give you the unprecedented quality in a variety of photographs you're able to take versus the other cameras. cheers

Doingitdirty1

Back to top Go down