Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.
Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Connect with BDB on
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ YouTube RSS Feed
Latest topics
» Looks like a wonderful winter stew - and nice game recipe site
Puerto Rico Fishing Empty2013-01-03, 21:38 by Maddox

» A little Funny to share....
Puerto Rico Fishing Empty2012-10-18, 23:11 by Maddox

» Grassing in the blind!
Puerto Rico Fishing Empty2012-09-30, 20:57 by dbagshaw

» 2012 Bustin' Clays!
Puerto Rico Fishing Empty2012-09-24, 23:09 by Maddox

» What is that? Unexpected Trail Cam Pictures
Puerto Rico Fishing Empty2012-09-19, 22:02 by Maddox

» New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow
Puerto Rico Fishing Empty2012-09-18, 20:20 by dbagshaw

» Beaver removal project!
Puerto Rico Fishing Empty2012-09-15, 10:22 by dbagshaw

» Preseason dreams!
Puerto Rico Fishing Empty2012-09-13, 08:12 by dbagshaw

» Miller Brewery Tour
Puerto Rico Fishing Empty2012-09-13, 08:10 by dbagshaw

» Finally some trout fishing!
Puerto Rico Fishing Empty2012-09-06, 11:18 by Maddox

I forgot my password

Puerto Rico Fishing

3 posters

Go down

Puerto Rico Fishing Empty Puerto Rico Fishing

Post  Maddox 2010-05-17, 23:29

Just found out I am heading to Puerto Rico for the holiday season this year. Nothing like some fun in the sun while the rest of the north east is freezing their rear ends off! This will be the first time visiting the island and I can't wait to get there. While there I am planning to do a kayak tour of Bioluminescent Bay, hike in the rain forest and hopefully try "catch my first tube". What I am really geared up for is for some fishing! I need some help though as I really don't know what kind of fishing outing I should book. I grew up fishing for trout and in my mid teens got into fly fishing and even tying my own flys, I still imagine that when the kids get a little older I will jump back into that. I miss the quiet days of wading through creeks chasing native trout catching one after the next (well maybe I am kidding myself there). I have done very little salt water fishing in my time but have made my rounds to Florida for the tarpon run catching a 5' 150lb beast. Like most folks I have gone out on the occasional charter boat but that is more for the drinking than anything else. For this trip I am thinking of some shallow water fishing with light tackle or maybe even the fly rod. Hopefully some of you can make some recommendations on what I should be fishing for (preferably something that is good eating) or if anyone happens to know a guide service that you would vouch for that would be great. Look forward to any help any of you can offer.

Either way I am sure I will return home with some great photos and stories to share with you.
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

http://www.bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Puerto Rico Fishing Empty Re: Puerto Rico Fishing

Post  BIG J 2010-05-18, 20:38

Cant wait to fly into PR... It's going to be one for the record books....
BIG J
BIG J
Admin

http://bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dbagshaw 2010-05-18, 22:45

...should be a great time....the property manager says you can fish just right out the back in the surf....you can catch us all some dinner to throw on the grill!

dbagshaw

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddox 2010-05-20, 09:46

I will have to start looking up some info on surf fishing, that will be fun to go give a whirl. I still want to do some sort of guided fishing trip just to knock that out of my "to do" list. Not sure what yet but in the next month or two I will figure out something.
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

http://www.bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down