Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.
Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Connect with BDB on
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ YouTube RSS Feed
Latest topics
» Looks like a wonderful winter stew - and nice game recipe site
Squirrel Hunt Empty2013-01-03, 21:38 by Maddox

» A little Funny to share....
Squirrel Hunt Empty2012-10-18, 23:11 by Maddox

» Grassing in the blind!
Squirrel Hunt Empty2012-09-30, 20:57 by dbagshaw

» 2012 Bustin' Clays!
Squirrel Hunt Empty2012-09-24, 23:09 by Maddox

» What is that? Unexpected Trail Cam Pictures
Squirrel Hunt Empty2012-09-19, 22:02 by Maddox

» New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow
Squirrel Hunt Empty2012-09-18, 20:20 by dbagshaw

» Beaver removal project!
Squirrel Hunt Empty2012-09-15, 10:22 by dbagshaw

» Preseason dreams!
Squirrel Hunt Empty2012-09-13, 08:12 by dbagshaw

» Miller Brewery Tour
Squirrel Hunt Empty2012-09-13, 08:10 by dbagshaw

» Finally some trout fishing!
Squirrel Hunt Empty2012-09-06, 11:18 by Maddox

I forgot my password

Squirrel Hunt

Go down

Squirrel Hunt Empty Squirrel Hunt

Post  Maddox 2010-10-31, 17:05

So I decided yesterday was the day to take some one on one hunting times with both of my kids and what better to do that with some squirrel hunting. Started off at 10am with my son, Blaine, where we made it all of 30 min before he was bored. In case you guys don't know I have 5 year old twins. I missed 2 squirrels on the run in the morning so no dinner yet. In the afternoon Brooke and I headed out. She is much more calm so I was hoping we might see a few that were running 50mph the other way. We hadn't made it 25yds into the woods when we jumped 4 deer. After about 10 more min of working along we had a our snack for the next day.

Squirrel Hunt Downlo10

As you can see that was one excited little girl! I will let you know what recipe we try this week with the meat in case anyone else is interested.

This does bring me to a point I would love to hear more on from other folks which is how to get kids out hunting. The one thing I would like to ensure with my 2 is that they have the same opportunity to get out in the woods and find that love that I have. This year I hope to take them both on their first goose hunt but not sure if they can take that kind of venture yet. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or past experience of good ways to get kids out there. I know we hear it all the time but the only way this sport will stay alive is by getting the next generation out there!
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

http://www.bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down