Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.
Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Connect with BDB on
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ YouTube RSS Feed
Latest topics
» Looks like a wonderful winter stew - and nice game recipe site
What's the best rod for the new bass fisherman? Empty2013-01-03, 21:38 by Maddox

» A little Funny to share....
What's the best rod for the new bass fisherman? Empty2012-10-18, 23:11 by Maddox

» Grassing in the blind!
What's the best rod for the new bass fisherman? Empty2012-09-30, 20:57 by dbagshaw

» 2012 Bustin' Clays!
What's the best rod for the new bass fisherman? Empty2012-09-24, 23:09 by Maddox

» What is that? Unexpected Trail Cam Pictures
What's the best rod for the new bass fisherman? Empty2012-09-19, 22:02 by Maddox

» New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow
What's the best rod for the new bass fisherman? Empty2012-09-18, 20:20 by dbagshaw

» Beaver removal project!
What's the best rod for the new bass fisherman? Empty2012-09-15, 10:22 by dbagshaw

» Preseason dreams!
What's the best rod for the new bass fisherman? Empty2012-09-13, 08:12 by dbagshaw

» Miller Brewery Tour
What's the best rod for the new bass fisherman? Empty2012-09-13, 08:10 by dbagshaw

» Finally some trout fishing!
What's the best rod for the new bass fisherman? Empty2012-09-06, 11:18 by Maddox

I forgot my password

What's the best rod for the new bass fisherman?

2 posters

Go down

What's the best rod for the new bass fisherman? Empty What's the best rod for the new bass fisherman?

Post  Maddox 2010-05-21, 22:56

So I guess if I am going to have a pond at the new house fully loaded with bass I better get a rod. I am thinking the push button rod I was given as a "than you" from work just isn't going to cut it. I grew up trout fishing so I am familiar with the spinning rods and light tackle and later in my fishing career switched to primarily fly fishing, I even built my own rod. I think what I want is a bait caster but in all my research I keep hearing that you need a different rod for each type of lure/setup you are going to use but I can tell you now that aint fitting in the budget! I want a rod that can use in most scenarios with different lures and will get the job done. What is the best rod (at a reasonable price) I should buy to get started?
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

http://www.bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

What's the best rod for the new bass fisherman? Empty Versatile rod

Post  FRENCHY 2010-11-23, 15:23

I have always found that Shakespeare's Ugly Stick line is a very versatile rod and almost indestructable. I recommend at least a 6.5' rod with a medium to med/heavy tip. I'm pretty sure that they are available in both baitcasting and spinning style. They are also usually very reasonably priced.
FRENCHY
FRENCHY

Back to top Go down

What's the best rod for the new bass fisherman? Empty Re: What's the best rod for the new bass fisherman?

Post  Maddox 2010-11-24, 12:32

I think I cheaped out on this one but it did the trick. I got some Dick's Sporting Good special with a spinning real. I didn't fish as much as I wanted to this year but am looking to dive back in this spring. I am still thinking I want to learn on the baitcaster. For now all focus is on chasing ducks, geese and deer so all that will have to wait. Thanks for the advice!
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

http://www.bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

What's the best rod for the new bass fisherman? Empty Re: What's the best rod for the new bass fisherman?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum