Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Welcome to Bucks, Ducks and Brews! If you are new to the site feel free to browse through the forum but we would love to have have you join us as a member. To join please click "Register" below and create a username, it is totally free and no personal info is required accept for an email address. Once you have created a username you will receive an email to the address you provided to activate. Thanks for your support and we look forward to meeting you.
Bucks, Ducks & Brews
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Connect with BDB on
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ YouTube RSS Feed
Latest topics
» Looks like a wonderful winter stew - and nice game recipe site
Amerique 1912 Absinthe - Chasing that green fairy! Empty2013-01-03, 21:38 by Maddox

» A little Funny to share....
Amerique 1912 Absinthe - Chasing that green fairy! Empty2012-10-18, 23:11 by Maddox

» Grassing in the blind!
Amerique 1912 Absinthe - Chasing that green fairy! Empty2012-09-30, 20:57 by dbagshaw

» 2012 Bustin' Clays!
Amerique 1912 Absinthe - Chasing that green fairy! Empty2012-09-24, 23:09 by Maddox

» What is that? Unexpected Trail Cam Pictures
Amerique 1912 Absinthe - Chasing that green fairy! Empty2012-09-19, 22:02 by Maddox

» New Glarus Brewing Company - Spotted Cow
Amerique 1912 Absinthe - Chasing that green fairy! Empty2012-09-18, 20:20 by dbagshaw

» Beaver removal project!
Amerique 1912 Absinthe - Chasing that green fairy! Empty2012-09-15, 10:22 by dbagshaw

» Preseason dreams!
Amerique 1912 Absinthe - Chasing that green fairy! Empty2012-09-13, 08:12 by dbagshaw

» Miller Brewery Tour
Amerique 1912 Absinthe - Chasing that green fairy! Empty2012-09-13, 08:10 by dbagshaw

» Finally some trout fishing!
Amerique 1912 Absinthe - Chasing that green fairy! Empty2012-09-06, 11:18 by Maddox

I forgot my password

Amerique 1912 Absinthe - Chasing that green fairy!

3 posters

Go down

Amerique 1912 Absinthe - Chasing that green fairy! Empty Amerique 1912 Absinthe - Chasing that green fairy!

Post  BIG J 2012-08-26, 16:39

So last night I got the chance to attend an Absinthe tasting event at Great Lakes Distillery here in Milwaukee. A little background story here, there are a ton of breweries and a few distilleries here in Brew City. Each of them have a tasting room/tour, some are free and some you have to pay for. Last night's event was a benefit for a local NPO, so I figured why not support the local community and chase the elusive green fairy. This was my first time ever having Absinthe and I must say, it's not my favorite. Absinthe has a very heavy anise or black licorice flavor of which I'm not a fan. But nonetheless I was going to get my money's worth.

GLD makes two kinds of Absinthe, Verte and Rouge. That's red and green for those of you who don't habla. The two flavors are made with the same base but Verte is steeped with Lemon Balm and Hissop while the Rouge is done with Hibiscus. I was able to try both of them at the event and my vote is on Rouge. It has a much lighter Anise flavor which is better in my book. The brewmaster debunked a few myths for us as well. The green fairy is a myth. There is no scientific evidence of any psychoactive effects from Wormwood which is one of the main ingredients. Also traditional Absinthe is served warm with ice cold water slowly mixed in to create an emulsion. Yes you heard me right. Absinthe needs to be watered down to enjoy it. It is bottled at 126 Proof, thats 63% ABV. It packs a punch and leaves you wanting more. If you ever get a chance to try it I say go for it. I will be bringing some along to camp this year, that should make for some fun stories for you all! Sorry I was sans camera last night or I would have something else for you to gawk at but below is a picture of the two Absinthe bottles.

Until next time, this is Big J signing off, keep your dinner plates full and the ketchup nearby.

Amerique 1912 Absinthe - Chasing that green fairy! 24112010155245495_Amerique_1912

Last edited by BIG J on 2012-09-21, 11:52; edited 1 time in total
BIG J
BIG J
Admin

http://bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Amerique 1912 Absinthe - Chasing that green fairy! Empty great info!

Post  dbagshaw 2012-08-26, 22:11

Beautiful bottles!!!! I agree...the lighter anise flavor would be better! :-)

dbagshaw

Back to top Go down

Amerique 1912 Absinthe - Chasing that green fairy! Empty Re: Amerique 1912 Absinthe - Chasing that green fairy!

Post  Maddox 2012-08-27, 13:23

You are my hero! Irish Pancake shots and distillery tours, keep up the good work!

I wonder what that's going to taste like mixed with Tequila? Deer camp should be exciting! Laughing
Maddox
Maddox
Admin

http://www.bucksducksandbrews.com

Back to top Go down

Amerique 1912 Absinthe - Chasing that green fairy! Empty Re: Amerique 1912 Absinthe - Chasing that green fairy!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down